To the motherfucker(s) who broke into KMHD's house: I bind you by grave injunctions from the river, back to the river. May you fall in a nettle patch; may savage dogs eat you one inch at a time! Before the night is over, before the day is through, whatever you have done to others, will come right back at you!
Can you believe this shit? This is the SECOND time this year KMHD has been violated. I feel so angry. I feel so helpless as an older sister. She was so frustrated yesterday, she considered putting her house on the market and getting the hell out of there. I don't blame her! It's just so extreme & I hate that she's getting punked. Please send warm thoughts her way (as the events made her feel ill) & curses to her violator.
Naturally, this makes ATM & I reevaluate our current situation & what we need to do to secure our own home. We are fools because we've yet to change the locks on our doors. That will be remedied this weekend or sooner. It's that time of year for smash & grab. Ugh, I despise thieves!
There's a lot we haven't done around the house, but I'm slowly learning that this is a slow, lifelong project. We've got our homeowner eyes on; all I can see is everything that is wrong with the place and it is vexing. We need new locks, better windows, a new light fixture, a paint job, more furniture, etc. etc. I am trying to be self-aware and notice what's right & good about the place, but it can be hard when you still have packed boxes everywhere & horrible fluorescent lighting that you have every intention of replacing when you've got the funds. I do love my home, though! And I'm still getting used to the idea that I can do whatever I please without consulting a horrible landlady. It's all just taking a lot longer than I anticipated. At least I have 30+ years to work on it.
I do, however, need to get ready for the Thanksgiving holiday right away. We're hosting! While I have all of the dishes planned, I have no idea where to procure tables & chairs. Too, I found out we're having two extra unplanned guests, so that complicates matters, but only slightly. It'll be an interesting gathering, I think. ATM & I will both have members from our respective families represented & I'm curious as to how this will turn out. If I seem calm, cool & collected, it's just an act. If I could have it my way, we'd run away to New Orleans for Thanksgiving. Alas! We cain't affurd it.
Last year, Mayumi got me a noren curtain from Japan per my request. For someone who usually has great taste, I was taken aback by the colors she picked; I had no idea how I was going to integrate it into my home. You can see it below underneath all of the other goodies:

Peach/tan & weird gray? I decided that I'd dye it before giving up hope on the thing. I'm pleased to say that I did a successful RIT dye job! RIT is notoriously bad, amirite? I've only heard horror stories about the stuff. I was hoping to dye it the mauvey purple on the box:

It turned out way more royal purple than I expected!

Alannah suggested washing it in really hot water to take some of the color out. I'll have to give it a go the next time we go to (Un)Fun Wash. I'm really glad that I like purple AND it goes o.k. with our newly painted gray walls & our blue furniture.

No comments:
Post a Comment